The Ideal Pittsburgh Storage Location and Facility
With all of its modern amenities, the century-old story behind the City Center Self Storage facility might surprise you. Built in 1906, our center stood as the largest warehouse between New York and Chicago. The stately “Pittsburgh Terminal Warehouse” was modeled after Cupples Station in St. Louis and offered prized access to the holy trinity of transportation – river, rail, and road. Literature from 1916 lauds the diverse conveniences of the bustling warehouse: “steel frame construction, vitrified brick and tile fireproofing, first floor wagon house that can accommodate over 100 wagons, blacksmith shop and veterinary’s office.”
Eventually, Pittsburgh’s changing economy caused the facility to fall out of favor, but a variety of modern businesses have moved in and rehabilitated what was once the center of Pittsburgh storage. Together, they’ve renovated the structures to meet contemporary needs while paying respect to the historic character of the complex. Combined with exceptional updates, the original design and convenience of this fantastic facility make River Walk Corporate Centre the ideal modern location for Pittsburgh storage – and for your business! That’s why City Center Self Storage chose this location.
City Center Self Storage features:
- A well-maintained, historic building adjacent to downtown Pittsburgh.
- Substantial recent renovations, including energy-efficient updates.
- Vibrant daytime traffic thanks to bustling, neighboring offices.
- Easy access from major commuting routes.
- On-site security patrols during storage access hours.
- Free, convenient parking.
- Easily-accessible loading docks.